III. Information Collected
- Personal Information. ACTIVE may collect voluntarily submitted Personal Information including your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, facsimile number, credit card information, and demographic information (such as, city, state or province and country, or any other demographic information that you may submit) in order to provide you with the requested services available on the Site. This Personal Information is collected and stored only as necessary to fulfill your request.
- IP Address. ACTIVE may collect an IP address from all users of our Site. An IP address is a number that is assigned to your computer when you use the Internet. We do not link the IP address with personally identifiable information
- Applets and Cookies. ACTIVE may use applets and cookies on the Site. Applets are pieces of self-executing computer code that may be downloaded to your computer, and are deleted when you leave the Site. Cookies are pieces of information that some websites transfer to the computer that is browsing that website and are used for record-keeping purposes at many websites. Most standard internet browsers are set to automatically accept applets and cookies. However, you can adjust your browser settings to refuse all applets and cookies or to inform you when one is being placed on your hard drive. If you choose to have your browser refuse applets and cookies, it is possible that some areas of the Site will not function properly or will be outdated when you view them.
- Other Information. Certain non-personal information about visitors to the Site is recorded by the standard operation of our computer servers. For example, ACTIVE automatically gathers statistical information about the Site and its visitors, such as browsers, pages viewed, and number of visitors.
- Personal Information. All Personal Information you provide to us is used to provide you with the requested services, such as processing your on-line orders, improving the services offered by ACTIVE, and enhancing your on-line experience. In addition, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties, as necessary, in order to service, process or administer your on-line request or order. In addition, your Personal Information may be used in connection with surveys, polls and/or contests conducted by ACTIVE on the Site. However, in such instances, this Personal Information will only be used if voluntarily submitted by you and only in accordance with reasonable, identified purposes. For example, if you choose to participate in the surveys, polls and/or contests offered through the Site, ACTIVE will ask you to submit Personal Information, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, fax number and demographic information (such as, city, province or state and country, or any other demographic information that you may submit). Unless you affirmatively consent to enter such Personal Information, none will be used. Any Personal Information collected in polls or surveys may be displayed to other Site users in aggregate form to advise users’ of the poll or survey results. However, data collected through polls and/or surveys are not tied to Personal Information. Information collected through the contests will be used to administer the contest and notify the contest winners, unless otherwise stated at the time of entry. In addition to the foregoing, ACTIVE may use Personal Information for internal marketing purposes in connection with ACTIVE’s services and we may disclose Personal Information to third parties in connection with such purposes. As a result, you may receive communications from such third parties. You will always be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such communications at the time that your Personal Information is being submitted to us. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you can "opt-out" in accordance with Section VIII below.
- IP Address. ACTIVE uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to Personal Information. We may disclose this information to third parties in connection with our marketing purposes.
- Applets and Cookies. ACTIVE may use applets and cookies on the Site to enhance your experience while using the Site. Applets and cookies are used to store and sometimes track your preferences to provide you with customized and personalized services in order to enhance your use of the Site. ACTIVE may provide this information to third parties as necessary to service, process or administer your request or order. Usage of applets and cookies is in no way linked to any Personal Information while on the Site.
- Other Information. Certain non-personal statistical information about visitors to the Site, such as browsers, pages viewed, number of visitors, etc., may be used to optimize each particular user’s experience on the Site. We also track the domains from which the Site was visited and use that data, together with the other non-personal information, to analyze trends and statistics before we discard it.
- Sharing with Third Parties. Except as described in this section, ACTIVE will not provide your Personal Information to third parties without your permission. ACTIVE does not currently sell, trade or rent Personal Information or your IP address to any third party without your prior consent. Personal Information provided to third parties is limited to only that which is reasonably needed by third parties to carry out their functions in connection with servicing, processing or administering your request or order.
- Restrictions on Third-Party Use. ACTIVE requires that third parties who have access to Personal Information held by us comply with certain safeguards, such as using the Personal Information only for the permitted previously identified purpose, and returning the Personal Information to us or destroying the Personal Information once that purpose is served.
- Guidelines for Transfer of Personal Information. ACTIVE will only transfer Personal Information to third parties consistent with the principles of notice and choice set forth in the European Commission’s Directive on Data Protection ("EC Directive") and other applicable privacy laws. This means that ACTIVE will inform you of the potential for transfer of your Personal Information to third parties and obtain your consent prior to such transfer. Where transfer of the personal information is consistent with the purpose for which the data was originally collected or where consent to the transfer has been obtained, ACTIVE will transfer the data to a third party only if ACTIVE ascertains that the third party subscribes to Safe Harbour principles, is subject to the EC Directive or enters into a written agreement with ACTIVE requiring the third party to provide you with an opportunity to withdraw consent for the use of your Personal Information and to comply with applicable privacy laws. ACTIVE will disclose your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on the Site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of ACTIVE; and (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of ACTIVE’s employees, the users of the Site, or the public.
In addition, ACTIVE may, as permitted by law, provide Personal Information to (a) consumer reporting agencies to verify your creditworthiness to process your request or (b) third parties in connection with a proposed or actual sale, merger, or transfer of all or a portion of ACTIVE’s business, assets or an operating unit.
VII. Links to Third-Party Web Sites
X. User Access to Personal Information
ACTIVE participates in, and has complied with the requirements of, the Safe Harbor relating to the European Community Directive on Data Protection. ACTIVE’s privacy practices are certified as Safe Harbor compliant by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
XII. Use by Children
- ACTIVE Policy. This Site is not geared to children under 13 years of age, and ACTIVE does not seek to collect Personal Information about children under 13 years of age through its Site. If we discover that such information has been provided and collected through the Site, we will delete such information. Thus, we typically retain no identifiable information about kids.
- Removal of Child’s Personal Information. Parents may request deletion of Personal Information provided to ACTIVE through the Site by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. with the following information: (a) parent’s name, address (and second address, if the child shares two addresses), telephone number, and e-mail address; and (b) the child’s name and/or nickname, and e-mail address. This information will only be used to search our databases and deliver confirmation to you that the child’s Personal Information has been deleted. Please note that the deletion of your child’s Personal Information from ACTIVE’s database will prevent ACTIVE from notifying you or your child in the event of a recall of a product your child purchased in violation of our policies. Therefore, if your child purchased products through the Site in spite of our efforts to prevent it, we recommend that you simply request the substitution of your name for your child’s name in our records, in order to be notified in the event of a recall.
XIII. Contact Information